About a year ago I saw a contest online for Body by Victoria's Secret, it asked people to describe what they loved about their body, and then whichever essay won, the writer would win a trip to NYC and a bunch of Vickie's Secret stuff... well I didn't enter that contest, and this post isn't to say that I won anything. In fact, I never even entered that contest. I did think about what I'd write however, and though I didn't write it then, I figure since I feel so gross right now, that I keep thinking I hate my body, it might be a pick me up to write about what I do like.
Consider this step one in my "recovery" process.
My body never ceases to amaze me. I've lost almost 100 pounds, and though I don't know quite exactly how it happened, it did. My body moves in ways that I don't even understand half the time and I don't think I'll ever NOT be shocked as to what comes next. My body has changed and reshaped itself in the last year so much so that most people who haven't seen me in that long question whether I'm the same person at all. My body shields me, protects me. Most of the time my body is the only thing I have. It sends off languages that even I don't understand or rightly interpret half the time, which if it weren't for my body's ability to kick some but and send off the right signal at the right time, could end badly. My body is strong, and able to endure the pressure that I put it under and take the abuse of dancing for hours on end. Mostly, I love that one day, though I hate to admit even wanting it, my body will do the seemingly impossible and create another human being, of course with the help of a guy (who's body has yet to be seen, but, Dear God, if I have any say in the matter please let him look like Joe Manganiello!)...
All in all I am happy with my body, what it has become, and I need to remind myself that I do indeed like myself, that I like my body. Maybe that will help me overcome the things I don't like, or at least help me to change them.
1 comment:
Hey Lily,
I always feel so encouraged when I read about your weight loss as I fully understand what you are saying. I have lost around 70lbs and get noticed differently...when my brother-in-law who does everything to make a person feel bad about themselves where weight is concerned noticed when i was recently in CA, but guess what, that didn't help me stay motivated. I am now motivated after reading your love for my body blog...if i don't love my body...how can i expect anyone else to (not like there is anyone around to)...lol
you take care
Terri
Post a Comment